Thursday, March 1, 2018

Judith Peck, Painter, Tells Her Story







I first started to use wooden cradled boards as a support in addition to the primed linen that most painters use, years ago.  I realized it opened up more possibilities and I began to carve into and apply other materials to the rigid surface. 


The Winding Path


 
Urban Dream


 
Steeled1


I’ve always been inspired to paint the strength that humanity often shows when responding to societal challenges. The first “broken painting” I did was a very personal piece. I painted it around 1987. It was about two of my grandparents leaving behind their former life and coming to America and safety, each as orphans. I used the plaster shards to represent the broken world they left behind but always carried with them.

 
Black & White



Pendulum


 
The Seed of Change


This is Week 8 of Artists Tell Their Stories. Thank you for reading and sharing Judith’s story today. To connect with Judith and see more of her work, please visit the following links:



Pulled Over



No comments:

Post a Comment