Wednesday, December 2, 2015

George Bragg, Mixed Media Metal Artist, Tells His Story




I am a Machinist by trade and a self-taught artist. I have spent the last 30 years as a full time professional artist. I started doing stained glass when I was 20 years old, working in a custom stained glass studio that specialized in large commercial work and restoration.







I then went on to open my own stained glass studio, working on custom and restoration projects before branching out to do art and craft shows throughout the country.







My work as an artist has evolved and transformed into my current medium, copper and organic material.







I am inspired by nature and incorporate organic elements, collected during my travels, with copper sheeting and tubing.






My work is non-objective abstract, with a focus on line, texture and color.


The metal process includes repousse, chasing, hand tooling, torching and acid patinas applied to copper to create the surface variations. Completed works have a variety of tactile and visual textures and are designed as 3D wall sculptures.







This is Week 47 of 52 Artists in 52 Weeks. Thank you for reading and sharing George’s story today. To see more of his work please click this link: Bragg Studios Contemporary Artworks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey George, this is Kristie Doll. This is the first time I looked at this and I love them all. Do you think it would look okay to have un-matching, other than in size, pieces? WE are leaving so you have a long time to think about - and do look for the wood, but I just wondered. My email is realy klsayre@aol.com. Thanks, bunches!!

    ReplyDelete