Friday, October 6, 2017

Carole Stevens Bibisi, Author, Artist & Poet, Tells Her Story







Kia ora, hello, my name is Carole Stevens Bibisi. I was born and raised in Invercargill, the southernmost city in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand, and many years later, I moved to Australia. The Bibisi name was added in 2002 when I moved to America in 2002 to marry my sweetheart!


Metamorphosis

I trained in Art College in New Zealand, studying Lettering, Illustration, and Design. Over the years I have gained a wealth of artistic experience, having earned my living working for major advertising agencies, newspapers and a chain of fashion stores as their advertising and display manager.I especially enjoyed creating fashion drawings for newspapers and window display art.


Earth Angel

My primary source of design, passion, and inspiration comes from animals and nature, and my deep yearning to manifest God's harmonic spirit of unconditional love and beauty, as it lives in me, and works through me in perfect harmony. Yes! The human and divine duality that occurs when our combined energy blends together in a lush palette of intoxicating rainbow colors, as we joyfully become co-creators of healing and peace on earth!

My art illustrations are inspired by not only my love for animals but also rainbows and stained glass windows. My art chose me to give life to mandalas, mermaids, angels, goddesses, and cats. The love of vibrant rainbow colors shows in everything I create. My medium is Prismacolor pencils, paints and markers.

 
Sad Mermaid

As a mother of three grown children and a grandmother of five, I became inspired to write children's books. My first book Tails of American Bronte was published in 2007. There's a load of black cat magic in this delightful 'Tail' of adoption. My sweetheart of a darling black cat, Miss Bronte, who has tons of cattitude, was my muse. In 2017 Miss American Bronte joined her pals over at Rainbow's Edge.

 
Flowers and Friends

Kids give Bronte 4 Paws Up, and a percentage of books sold helps support animal rescue. I enjoy book signing events and am an outspoken advocate for promoting lucky black cat adoptions. My second book in the American Bronte series is, Bronte's Alphabet. Another book I created, The Rainbow's Dream and Song, is a colorful story of life's lessons learned from the Rainbow.

 
Carole's Books

I am an accomplished musician; a singer, teacher and pianist, who graduated to the highest level in theory of Music and Pianoforte, passing final examinations with Merit and Honors, through London's Trinity and Royal Schools of Music. After moving to Australia to further my musical career, I enjoyed sharing my love of music by becoming a singing teacher and tutoring vocal workshops. My own album, a CD entitled Sophisticated Lady was recorded in Australia. Sophisticated Lady features a repertoire of jazz standards, soulful ballads, and songs from the musicals I have performed in with Duo's, Trios, larger bands and orchestras around New Zealand, Australia, and locally in Sarasota and Bradenton, Florida. One notable highlight was being chosen to sing with an American Choral group at Carnegie Hall in New York City. The CD and books are all featured on my website should you possess a little black cat curiosity!


Lucky Black Cats

"It's our choice to live in the bright rainbow of our hopes, and not the dark clouds of our fears." May you be a loving contributor through art and music, to world peace, joy and healing.

This is week 39 of Artists Tell Their Stories. Thank you for reading and sharing Carole’s story today. To connect with Carole, please visit the following links:



1 comment:

  1. Do you have any songs I can hear cos I know you sing beautifully

    ReplyDelete